Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Troops pullout redux

So they've done it, they have pulled out US forces from cities... Well, as I already said in my previous post, not a good idea, but we'll se the results in a few week's time. I'm sure they won't be too ecouraging... Insurgents started out their celebration by setting off a couple of bombs across the country, killing and injuring a couple of dozen of civilians and shooting four US soldiers dead. Way to go, I knew they would be harrassing the 'retreating' US forces.

Our convoys were also attacked several times today, although the result was only minor damage to vehicles - and faster heartbeat for some people. A three car convoy heading to Baghdad Airport with 2 VIP's on board, was hit by small arms fire and another convoy, mostly consisting of heavy trucks had encountered multiple instances of small arms fire along it's 35 mile route. I'm glad nothing serious happened, but who knows what's tomorrow gonna be like. I'm guessing that it could only be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment